Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Day Jitters



So I decided this morning to go ahead and do the dishes. But when I opened the door, I had to stop because the dishes weren't familiar. When I leaned in closer sure enough I realized the dishes were dirty.
Huh?
Because Kyle had already gotten up, started coffee and emptied the clean dishes and reloaded the leftover dirties.
uh-oh.
So when I came home, the house is clean, the laundry is clean (almost ALL OF IT), the aroma of chicken and sweet potatoes is wafting through the house from the crock pot and I hear a whole lot of quiet.
Say wha..?
So I walk into the playroom and all four of my boys are sitting on the couch reading.
I smile.
I raise my eyebrows..
And Austin starts to giggle...
I give my compliments and finally my little sunshine says, "Mom, we're pretending! We weren't really reading and being quiet!"
Man, I love that kid.
Well, if Kyle's going to be better than me at this staying home thing, then I might as well just bask in the shine of a squeaky clean sink.
Very cool that he is taking this seriously :0) Better eating humble pie than cooking a meal after a long work day.
So my first day of work was good. I have my own cubicle. (My first ever! I've never had to report into an office. It's always been completely in the field with a laptop and cell phone.) I think it will be a good combination to have an office to report to occasionally while still being in the field. Everyone was nice and the training is going to be like "drinking from a fire hose" I'm told. Well, I was hungry for change, so that will just give me something cold to wash it all down with. I have a good feeling about this manager and there were quite a few people that had remarkable tenure--seems like a good sign. I am looking forward to getting into the field and riding a little of my ignorance and excitement (and maybe take a baby step closer to some cha-ching.)
So at risk of major TMI, I am going to go ahead and tell you about one worry. I have worked from home for a long time. That means I eat when I want, exercise when I want and, well, go to the bathroom when I want. I am never stuck in traffic, or in a meeting, or calling on a client when...when...when nature calls. I really have a distinct amount of apprehension and concern about this! In a funny twist, I made my way to the ladies room (because of the two diet cokes I had, that's all people!) and the toilets have the auto flush feature. Well this stall was the poltergeist version of auto flush, because it went off about TEN TIMES. I just wanted to yell, "These are not courtesy flushes! Please believe me. The first day nerves have me backed up, I swear!"
See, it's never too late to add more embarrassing moments to the list.

2 comments: