Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Drama at the lemonade stand

So I finally cave to the idea of a lemonade stand, despite the fact that it is 104 degrees. (At these temps, we don't even bother with heat index, because it is just f%#$n hot.) We set up on the corner of a local park with a 4-way stop and shade. Just smile and wave boys. just smile and wave.
We have a nice customer walk up to us with his wife and a few moments later we are joined as well be some friends. Chatting, smiling, sweating--it's all good until CRASH.
In slo-mo we all turn around and realize there is a marroon SUV 'parked' at a very disturbing angle next to our truck. Kyle and the other adults start to run over to the parking lot while I stay at the corner with the boys. The trouble is going to be handled and I am not ready to deal with the fact that this just became one seriously expensive lemonade stand so I turn back to our entrepreneurial undertaking.
But when I glance back, the woman and her two dogs and her red SUV are gone. Wow, that was a quick exchange of information, I think.
Or not. Hit and run, people. What the %$#^%? Seriously? Apparently after I turned around, she pulled out and swerved hitting the curb and veering off into the grass before disappearing around the corner without giving us the courtesy of clearly viewing her liscence plate.
So a cute cop shows up to take our info, but of course they haven't been able to find her. We are still vigilant though eyeing every marroon SUV for damage to her rear passenger side.
So the boys made roughly $40 and are now on the verge of buying themselves a bike ramp, which I am very nervous about. Why do little boys (hell big boys too for that matter) have to be interested in all things that can break your bones?
We will be out $300 for our deductible, not to mention the fact that not only am I driving a pick-up in a suit and heals everyday to and from work that is stick shift, (yes, that does mean stop-and-go traffic for up to 100 miles a day, thank you for noticing) it means that now I get to drive a wrecked, stick shift, pick up which will now be undervalued and difficult to sell.
Did I mention it is pretty much impossible to get in and out of said vehicle in a lady like fashion and that I wear a skirt or dress almost every day. Yup. Sexay.
But I cannot be bothered with that now, because we are leaving for Sonoma Valley in an hour and reality will be here when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment