Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Wind Beneath My Wings


So I had a bit of a roller coaster day yesterday. I met with my new manager about the salary/commission offer and the base salary was lower than I was hoping. Now, the commission structure is impressive and once I get rolling, it should be good. But the transition is gonna be awkward. I guess it's just human to want things to be easy, so the news took the wind out of my sails for a few hours. I broke the offer to Kyle and just tried to get off the phone until my sis could call, because I needed a pep talk instead of giving a pep talk. I know he is ready to quit, but yesterday was about me. (K is wonderful but he has yet to learn the finer points concerning my need for feminine optimism.)
Wonderful woman that Nikki is, by the time I finished talking to her, I had several takeaways:
1. It's just reality and nothing that a thoughtful plan and a little patience won't handle.
2. This might work out perfectly, forcing us into the simple and streamlined lifestyle we keep talking about (while dodging).
3. It's better to have a small start with big potential rather than a static income that is 'as good as it gets' on day one as on day infinity.
There were probably more, but they all ran along the same lines of "Everything will be alright."
Later I was able to hash those take aways with my dear friend Dawn and now I totally believe everything we came up with. Funny, life is always what you make of it.
Cue music: Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends.
Thank God for friends, because whether the wind beneath my wings they were providing was a breath of fresh air or a blast of hot air, I needed it and it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment