Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

I Got A J.O.B. (Just Offer the Bucks!)

Well, my little, scattered saga is set to take another life turn. Get ready for stories from a working mom, because I have been offered a job with Ikon Office Solutions selling to major accounts. (Best interviews of my life, those were. Good thing there is no hidden camera in my car to publicize my interview practice on the way there during a traffic jam.) I am excited, scared, ready, hesitant and jumbled. It's going to be great because we need this.
From the start, this decision has felt very much like a God current, moving us in an unknown, yet not unwelcome, direction; and it seems that the Big Man Above gave us another nod to that fact this past week. Kyle, love of my life, was finally offered the full-time position he has been waiting for over the past 18 months, less than a week after my job offer. He told them to shove it. YES! It's funny how once you get a taste of a life centered around family and friends how little everything else means.
So my man will be taking care of my boys and I know that those apron strings will not be easy for me to loosen. (This will probably translate to high entertainment for you. Just like when I had sent my fourth reminder text to him last weekend as I left for a wedding in Georgia only to receive the reply, "Yeah babe, I've got it.")
In the coming months we will be budget-changing and role-swapping while Kyle re-enters the realm of higher education and I once again get scrappy in highly competitive sales. (And honeys, let me tell you, I am nothing if not competitive.)
Please stay tuned and if you feel the urge, I would love to hear your comments and share in your thoughts as well.
Final note, shout out to my rock star, young ball boys for outstanding play on the tournament diamond this past weekend. Cole's team won the whole shabang, while Aussie and BB made it to the semi's. I am so proud and I need no other reminder why re-entering the work-a-day world should prove to be the change we desperately need.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, girl!! Welcome back to the world of the working mother - we'll have to schedule a liquid lunch soon!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liquid lunch? Don't tease me like that! I am ready...

    ReplyDelete