Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Best First Words

When the song "Invisible Hand" came out, I truly thought it was the best beginning of a song I had ever heard
I found god
On the corner of 1st and Amistad
Where the west was all but won
All alone, smoking his last cigarette


But tonight I had a welcome blast from the past when Counting Crows' "Round Here" came on my ipod.

Step out the front door like a ghost
Into the fog where no one notices
the contrast of white on white.
In between the moon and you
The angels get a better view of
The crumbling difference between wrong and right.
I walk in the air between the rain
Through myself and back again...

Those type of lyrics are 'soul yummy'.
Great way to start a Friday night.
I'd love to hear any others that you can think of....

No comments:

Post a Comment