Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

Resolution Sabotage

Self sabotage is my middle name, and it's insanely pathetic that I know this.
Let me back up and tell you a little about my New Year's resolutions, because probably references to these will be made over the next 11 month seeing as I am a (supposed) former over-achiever and some habits die hard, like perpetual goal setting. Onward and upward as they say.
So here were/are my resolutions.
1. Typical female must of losing 10 lbs. How it got to be ten, I don't know. OK, yes I do. Buf wild wings+too many sanity necessary beers+late night munching+ more freelance jobs=lots of time sitting on my ass and 10 extra pounds. Anyways...
2. Build more community. As I've told you, charming, cowboy boot wearing husband is a workaholic. Think less than 1 day off per week, no real vacay in 10 years, 60+ hours per week(conservitively). He's in the oil field. It sucks. He hates his schedule, I hate his schedule and yet we keep on chuggin. Well, I do OK with this usually, but it definitely catches up with me and most recently, my reality check came in the form of an epiphany about my kids' sports. The boys are good athletes(come on, I'm allowed a little mama bragging!) and we are typically at a field of some sort 4 days per week. So welcome november and december and a lull between seasons and good-bye socialization and getting out of the house. I had to come to grips with the fact that I had a major case of the L-word. Lonely.
So I am making a major push to actually use all the numbers I have in my phone and re-claim some version of normal. I am prowling for friends.
3. Take yoga at least 3x's per week. I want to check out the mind, body, spirit thingy.
4.Finish my chic lit novel and take my writing to the next level. That means turning down the easy to get, paying jobs to try and land dream jobs.

So what am I doing about this? Eating a buffalo chicken sandwich (with bacon--did you know you could do that? yuh-ummh) on french bread, taking a break from writing one of the ten deadlines I accepted that I said I wouldn't, using my new tatto ;P as an excuse why I am unable to do any yoga at all this week and writing about it in my blog instead of calling one of my local girls to confess so they can give me a much needed kick in the pants(that I am not fitting into very well).
Oh well, back on the wagon tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment